Smith Shoreline Sunglasses
Babyface and I have been doing a lot of hiking and contemplating about doing a lot more strenuous and longer hikes. We have all these blissful daydreams about a hiking trip to Glacier National Park and hiking the length of the Knobstone Trail. Whenever we start to think of fun activities like this, I like to begin researching the gear and goods that’ll make the trip a fun and comfortable experience. Here is what I am coveting right now that will make for an excellent hiking trip.
- Camelbak Aventura Hydration Day Pack—I have a 1 liter CamelBak with small pockets that works well for running, but for day hiking, I need a lot more water and a lot more space. I love this bag because it has a 3 liter water bladder, vents on the back and is big enough to fit snacks and other gear. I also absolutely adore the color. So many daypacks are in “boy” colors and I’d love to have a pink and purple bag.
- Smith Shoreline Sunglasses—I will never buy an expensive pair of sunglasses because I break sunglasses like it’s my job, but if I wasn’t me and I could hold onto some nice sunglasses, I’d get these. Love that they are stylish and still sporty. And I adore the bright green inside.
- Garmin GPSMAP 62S Handheld GPS—Of course, you can navigate the old-fashioned way with a compass and map, but gadgets are fun!
- Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Trekking Poles—There are definitely some parts of local trails where I wished I had trekking poles. And with any more elevation, I’d definitely need some help.
- KEEN Targhee ll Mid Hiking Boot—Can you believe I don’t own a pair of hiking boots? Crazy, right? I absolutely adore my KEEN snow boots, so I figure I’d love KEEN hiking boots as well. I like that the green and warm gray are a little more feminine than your typical hiking boot.
- The North Face Women’s Denali Fleece Jacket—The preferred jacket of pretty much every college girl ever, this North Face jacket is actually an amazingly durable and warm lightweight jacket.
- Mini Maglite—Maglites are some of the best flashlights around and I absolutely adore the mini size. Big enough to give plenty of light, but small enough to slip into a daypack.